Startup India scheme is a one stop platform for all stakeholders to interact with each others.They can establish successful partnerships, exchange information with each others in a highly dynamic environment. Startup India website is available in 40 different national & international languages.
What is startup India scheme?
This is an Indian government scheme, helping promotion of startups, generation of employment in the society, and wealth creation. This scheme launched on January 16th, 2016 by Indian Prime Minister Mr. Narendera Modi.
How do Investors add value to Startups?
Investors add value to the startups in many ways. They also called venture capitalists (VCs).
- Stakeholder Management: They give direction to the startups by their experience, knowledge & facilitate smooth operations.
- Raising Funds: Investors help with fundraising on the basis of startup idea. They have the broad network that also is helpful.
- Recruiting Talent: sourcing best human capital is critical for the startups. Though, Venture capitalists(VC’s) with their experience & network can help by the right candidates at the right time.
- Marketing: venture capitalists help with best marketing strategy for your product/service.
- M&A (merger and acquisition) Activity: VC’s keep eye on merger and acquisition opportunities to add value in the startups.
- Organizational Restructuring: VC’s introduce processes to lower costs, increase capital efficiency and scale efficiently.
What is the aim of Startup India Scheme?
The main aim of Startup India is the development and innovation of products and services. It will also increase the employment rate in India.
How can I register a profile on the Startup India Hub?
For startup India registration you need to open startup India official website www.startupindia.gov.in. You are on the Home page, Then click on the registration button. However, below path will help you.
Home > Click on Register button as shown in the below screenshot.
Documents Needed for Startup India
- Memorandum of Association for Pvt. Ltd./LLP Deed.
- Board Resolution (if Any).
- You will need annual Accounts of the startup for the last three financial years.
- IT returns for the last three financial years. Electronic Process after Applying.
- Though, you can check your Dashboard on the Startup India Portal for the status of your application. However, you can found this on the top right of the page after you log in.
- For any clarifications, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please check at the official website of Startup India for final confirmation. However, the document requirements may be change time to time.
How can I start a startup?
Under Startup India scheme, These steps to guide you with the Steps to start a startup
- Dream big and start with small investment.
- At beginning, Work to learn, not to earn.
- Join the community and meet founders. Try to get in touch with founders by various ways.
- Find the right location for your startup.
- Identify good and bad ideas, early.
- Understand trends and markets where you want to grow.
- Think like an athlete – Define your mission. Always keep moving forward.
- Prepare to fail, 95% do. Failure doesn’t mean that you can not get success. It means that your idea/business needs improvement.
How can I get funding from Startup India?
- Go for Crowdfunding: Though, you can collect crowdfunding from friends, relatives, family easily. Also, you can get from entrepreneurs who trust in your idea.
- Consider Self-funding: Also, known as bootstrapping, it’s a great idea for startup funding when business requirement is small.
- Get in touch with the Venture Capitalists: Venture Capitalists(VC’s) usually look a startup with a strong team, good enough traction. VC’s add their experience and personally monitor the startup.
- Try Angel Investment: Angel Investors is individuals with overabundance cash & looking for investment in growing startups and earn shares. There can be only one issue of high-interest expectations and lesser investments as compared to Venture capitalists. Alibaba, Google, Yahoo were excellent results of Angel investing.
What are the benefits of startup India?
- Simple process: The government of India has launched a Startup India website & mobile application.The entire process is completely online.
- Tax holiday for 3 Years from the date of registration: Startups will be exempted from income tax for 3 years.
- Tax saving for investors.
- Easy exit: A startup can close its business with in 90 days from the date of application of winding up.
Also, you can follow Startup India & check all updates on twitter page at @startupindia.
Startup India eligibility criteria
- All the startups must be registered as a Private Company, LLP or Partnership Firm.
- The start-up must not be a product of reorganization.
- Startup must not be older than 5 years.
- Annual turnover of the start-up must not be more Rs. 25 crores
- The business must be involved in a new product or service.
You can use these details to contact or getting more information. However, if any of this information is not working, then please take a look at their official website.
Startup India scheme Contact Details
110, Vigyan Bhavan Annexe,
001, Maulana Azad Road, New Delhi 110 001
Phone – +91 011 2304 8155
Office working Hours: 10:00AM – 5:30PM (Mon to Fri)
Our Toll Free Number: 1800 115 565
Please Share this article with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Other social media platforms. They will surely get help and guidelines. Also, stay connected with Guide4info for more career & entrepreneurship updates.