Do you know what is Resume Optimization?
No worries, We will explain you in simple words, Have you applied for a lot of jobs but you did not get call for the interview? This is because your resume is not optimize and you don’t know how resume screening software works.
Get the point or not? If not, then we will explain you in more simpler words. Resume optimization means updating your resume with some job specific keywords so that its selected or approved by ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) application.
At present, many companies are using ATS application to scans and shortlist candidates out of the pool. ATS application automatically scan your resume and score it based on the description for that position. Recruiters depend on this ATS score to make their candidates screening process more efficient & easier.
I am sure that this article will be helpful for you, keep reading till the end. You will get answers of your queries related to Resume Optimization.
What is an applicant tracking system?
An Application tracking system or ATS is a software that is used by recruiters and employers in the hiring process to collect, sort, scan & rank the job application they receive for their open job positions.
However, the ATS or application tracking system was initially created for extremely large organizations or recruitment firms who dealing with several thousand of job applications on a weekly basis. Now a day’s many SME (Small and medium-sized enterprises) companies have also started using it.
Why do companies use ATS software?
Almost 95% of Fortune 500 Companies use Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to manage large volumes of job applications. Also, EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) rules require companies to the non-discriminatory approach. Though, ATS work in a non-discriminatory way and select candidates to interview for jobs.
Why Resume Optimization is required?
To reduce the human efforts and increase productivity, most of the companies using ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) application system. ATS is a resume screening software. ATS application store ‘ats resume keywords’ in this application. And depends upon the job description, these keywords are checked in your resume. If found, then your resume selected else rejected.
How do ATS systems work?
Application tracking system is the electronic caretaker for the employer. The ATS parses a resume content into various categories and scan for various keywords to find out if this application should be sending to the employer or not.
How do I optimize my resume?
Below tips will help ensure your resume is positively review & approve by ATS.
- PDF file format is not compatible with all ATS software.
- You should modify your resume for each position you apply.
- Also, do not put important details in the header or footer or resume.
- Put important information such as your name, phone number, or email address outside the header or footer of your resume.
- For example, you are from marketing field then add some productive keywords in your resume such as “proactive or self-starter.” These keywords represent the skills that you acquire over the years and help you to qualify for a job.
- Always use a clean resume design with simple hierarchy.
How to run an ATS-resume test for compliance
There are two different ways by which you can make sure that your resume is compatible with an applicant tracking system (ATS).
1) By converting your resume to a plan text file:
You can perform this test by copy and paste your resume into a text file. If the plan text file is missing your details as compared to original resume or saved the contents incorrectly. It means that your resume need some modification before submitting it to ATS application.
2) However, you can request Guide4info team for paid review of your resume ATS compatibility. You can send your resume at [email protected] with subject “ATS resume scan.” Our experts team will check your resume and update you regarding the charges for ATS compliant.