There are several Coronavirus questions which needs to be answered and everyone must be aware of. Like:
1) What is the status of people strand in Wuhan?
2) How many people locked in Wuhan and what is their evacuation plan?
3) Do Chinese authorities have proper facilities like masks, virus protection gloves, etc.
Below are the Coronavirus questions asked to health experts and their answers:
How is Contagious the Coronavirus?
It seems moderately infectious similar to SARS(severe acute respiratory syndrome). According to the World Health Organization, 16-21% affected people with this virus are ill and 2 to 3% of those infected have been died.
Can I catch 2019-nCoV from my pet?
No, So far, there is no evidence that companion animals or pets such as cats and dogs have been infected or have spread 2019-nCoV.
Should I wear a mask to protect myself from Coronavirus?
Yes, wearing a medically approved mask can help you to protect from some respiratory disease. However, using a mask on the face alone is not guaranteed to stop infections. WHO advises that use masks only if you have respiratory symptoms (coughing or sneezing) or you going to public place.
How to wear, use, take of and dispose of a mask.
1) Before putting on a mask, make sure to wash hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
2) However, cover mouth and nose with the mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
3) Try to avoid touching the mask while using it. If you do so for any of a reason, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water again.
4) Never forget to replace the mask with a new one (medically approved) as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
5) To remove the mask, make sure you wash your hands properly with soap or alcohol-based hand rub. Remove the mask from behind (do not touch the front of the mask). Discard immediately in a closed bin. Always wash hands properly with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
What is the status of people strand in Wuhan?
The USA and Japan have already started evacuating their citizens. The special assistant to Prime Minister informs that Pakistan not to evacuate its citizens from coronavirus-hit Wuhan to show ‘solidarity’ with China.
Around 800 Pakistani students studying in various universities in Wuhan. India has already announced plans to operate two flights from Wuhan to airlift around 400 students stranded in Hubei province. While some other countries are waiting for permission from Chinese authorities.
How deadly is the Coronavirus?
Its hard to know yet about the severe effects of this virus. But scientists and health experts are worried and working to find the vaccine. On 31st January 2020, WHO(World health organization) declared the coronavirus a global health emergency. How deadly is the virus? this is the most common Coronavirus questions in the people mind.
WHO organizations head ‘Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus’ inform that organization decided to declare it as an emergency. Because the effects and danger of Coronavirus could be destructive. Dr Jeremy Farrar, the director of health foundation inform that declaration of the coronavirus as an international emergency will improve the government focus on protecting its citizens.
Worth reading: Final Outcome of Coronavirus?
What is a coronavirus and from where it begin?
According to WHO, coronaviruses are a group of viruses that cause sickness ranging from common cold to more severe diseases such as SARS(severe acute respiratory syndrome) and MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome).
Initially, this virus was transfer between animals and people. And SARS spread from civet cats to humans while MERS transmitted from a type of camel to humans.
How long does it take to show symptoms?
It is hard to say, because coronavirus common symptoms including: fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. According to the WHO, these are the common signs of infection in most of the cases. The scientist confirmed that we knew very little about this virus so far.
What are the safety tips to Avoid the Coronavirus?
There is no vaccine found yet but few prevention tips by health experts.
1) Clean hands with soap and water or you may use alcohol based hand rub.
2) Its advise to cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or flexed elbow.
3) Please avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms because these are one of the reasons to spread the virus.
4) Thoroughly cook meat and eggs before eat. Avoid raw meat as well.
5) Avoid unprotected contact with live animals.
How many people locked in Wuhan and what is their evacuation plan?
As per the latest news, approximate 46 million people locked in Wuhan.
Coronavirus vaccine available in market?
Health experts and scientists are working to invent the vaccine for this virus. But that may take the minimum of one year. The drug developers Moderna, a team at the University of Queensland, Australia and Inovio Pharma will conduct the research. Though, this is one of the most asked Coronavirus questions on internet.
Gilead Sciences inform that they are checking if its experimental Ebola treatment could be used against the coronavirus. Johnson & Johnson company inform that it had donated its HIV drug Prezcobix to China for use in research. J&J believe that it may help them to find a solution against the outbreak.
Please share this information with your loved ones to keep them updated, like our FB page @Guide4info for more updates.