These management Skills for Team Leader are must to learn and implement, if you want to get a better job. Here are some essential management skills to demonstrate in your resume.
Your employer is looking for the specific qualities and abilities that prove that you are a good leader. However, companies want to see that if you can manage your team and business activities.
Different kind of Managers requires different skills to perform their duties well.
In this article we will explore Most Common Management Skills that you can write in your resume. However, we will also demonstrate types and examples of management skills.
1) Personnel Management Skills
Everybody knows that managing humans is much difficult. You have to handle their comfort, personal interest, behavior, stress, etc. You have to keep them happy, connected, focused throughout the process.
Personnel management includes how people can contribute to the organization goals and success?
Personnel Management Skills team leader contains:
- Coaching and counseling
- Good communication
- Motivation and morale
- Stress management
- Problem-solving skills
Examples of Personnel Management Skills:
- Led a team of 15 professional activities that affect the company KPI(key performance indicator).
- Started new reward program in the organization to increase the company productivity by 20%.
- Employee retention increased from 70% to 90% by adopting a new HRMS(Human Resources Management System) tool.
2) Project Management Skills
As a manager you must be aware that others doing their work properly and on time. In other words, you must maintain the balance between quality and quantity.
To be a good project manager, you must know that how to delegate the work to concerned person, allocate resources, create schedules, prioritize tasks as per importance, trace errors.
Project Management Skills of team leader includes:
- Scheduling and Time Management
- Technical Expertise
- Risk Management
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Resource allocation
Examples of Project Management Skills:
- Manage to cut waste from 25% to 14% by enhancing supply chain system.
- Save 1500+ hours per month by outsourced HR needs to an external service provider.
- Delegate tasks, make project roadmap and compiled within allocated budget.
3) Money Management Skill
Managing company assets is a huge responsibility and most importance.
If a project manager is failing to do so, then it can lead to serious issues and complication to the company goals.
A good manager is someone who knows money management skills and understands the financial and economic concepts.
These concepts include ROI (return on investment), IRR (internal Rate of Return), ROCE (Return on Capital Employed), cost and gross margin, etc.
Money Management Skills of team leader includes:
- Contribute to Savings.
- Set Realistic Financial Goals.
- Financial forecasting.
Examples of Money Management Skills:
- Financial reports maintained and compiled.
- Enhanced payroll system so that employees can get the salary on time.
- Reduce company debt from $100M to $70M.
4) Decision Making Skills
Team leaders are responsible to make many decisions which can impact their team. Main decision making skills of Team leader includes allocating resources, prioritizing tasks, etc.
Decision Making Skills of team leader as following.
- Problem solving skills.
- Logical reasoning.
Decision making skills examples:
- Delegate work in the team for the organization progress.
- Increase company progress by 12% than last year.
- Help company to start taking survey and improve many points.
5) Functional Skills for Team Leader
You can not respect the management who can not get the work done by the time. Its like having a ship captain who never learns how to sail the ship.
Though, you are not a good team leader, if you don’t have skillset to understand the industry.
Functional Skills for Team Leader:
- Mutual Understanding
- Thorough Organization Knowledge.
- Excellent Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Strong Bonds with the team
- Ability to work on project timelines
- Difficult conversation.
6) Mutual Understanding
Its very crucial that all team members understand the importance of team project. If your team don’t understand the value of the cross-functional team then they won’t put effort in require for the team to have a successful result. This is one most desired Management Skill for Team Leader.
The best team leader must help the team to understand why the cross-functional team’s objectives should matter for the company.
Mutual Understanding skills for team leader.
Mutual Understanding skills Examples:
- Maintain positive relationships.
- Solve conflicts constructively.
- Maintain positive relationships.
Anyone can check these qualities for team leader and become the great leader in the industry.
Please stay in touch with Guide4info for more career updates on regular basis! You can bookmark this website and keep checking articles time to time. we request you to share this article with your friends also.
You must read below articles: