An Indian nurse found infected by the coronavirus. She is working at a hospital in southern Saudi Arabia. Current Union Minister of State for External Affairs & Parliamentary Affairs said on Thursday. Death toll due to this deadliest virus has reached to 18 and More than 600 people have been infected in mainland China.
However, more than 100 Indian nurses working at Al Hayat hospital, Saudi Arabia and mostly from Kerala. All nurses tested and found normal except one nurse was found infected by coronavirus. As per the latest information by the V. Muraleedharan tweet, “affected nurse is being treated at Aseer National Hospital and she is recovering well,”
As of now, there is no clear information related to coronavirus symptoms. But doctors inform that the recent death of 80 years old man who had lived in the city of Wuhan has given some clue. That person developed chest tightness and difficulty breathing. Hospital authorities inform that treatment given to him for high blood pressure, chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
What does we know about this virus?
- Though, chinese authorities have put five cities on lockdown. Name of those cities are Wuhan, Huanggang, Ezhou, Chibi and Zhijiang.
- This Virus details sent to the WHO (World Health Organisation) on 31 December 2019.
- WHO informs that sudden occurrence of this virus cause by a previously unknown type of coronavirus. This virus belongs to a broad family of infections ranging from the runny nose, sore throat, common cold to more serious illnesses like severe acute respiratory syndrome (Sars).
Read: Latest Info of Nipah Virus – How you can Prevent it?
- Patients usually complain about fever, cough and other symptoms of pneumonia in the hospital.
- WHO also informs that this virus mostly infect animals. However, it can easily mutate and spread in humans and then human-to-human transmission is possible.
- Chinese authorities confirm that the virus is being transmit directly from human to human.
- Though, it believed that this virus spread from seafood and meat market in Wuhan. Early research shows that the virus was pass to humans from snakes.
- UK universities with students closely monitoring the affected areas.
- However, some of the cases related to this deadliest virus have reported in the USA, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand and South Korea, Saudi Arabia so far. All major Airports in the world screening international arrivals from the China region.
Worth Reading: Nipah Virus Medicine Not available Till Now, Why?
- Health experts inform that there are not any medicines or vaccines develop specifically to tackle the Wuhan virus but scientists were working on it in Davos announced on Thursday.