Two people died in Norway after receiving doses of Coronavirus vaccine made by Pfizer & BioNTech company. The experts from Norway’s National Institute of Public Health and Norwegian Medicines Agency investigating the deaths. Two days after taking vaccine a paediatric surgery assistant in Porto was found dead.
Though, Acevedo’s daughter Vania Figueredo said that her mother had no health issues. She only complains about ‘normal’ discomfort in the area where she jab the vaccine. She also posted a picture in her Facebook account after taking the medicine.
As per the Daily mail New Channel, a 41-year-old nurse suffer a “sudden death” at her home on Friday. After 48 hours being vaccinated with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. Acevedo was one out of 538 Porto IPO workers who receive the Pfizer/BioNTech jab on December 30th 2020.
However, coronavirus vaccine called Covaxin phase 3 trials start in several states in the country including Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal. And trials can start in other states also.
This is the largest clinical trial, which is conducted first time for a covid19 vaccine in India.
Bharat Biotech is the Covaxin manufacturing company. In partnership with Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Bharat Biotech conducted phase-3 clinical trials of this vaccine.
However, 26,000 participants across 22 sites in the country involve for Covid-19 vaccine trails. These trails began on 16th November 2020. Delhi, Karnataka and Bengal are few names, where Covaxin phase three trials start. Many other states will have it soon. Keep reading for covid 19 vaccine update and latest coronavirus question and answers.
List of covaxin trails states in India
1) Haryana: Haryana is the first state in India to start Coronavirus Vaccine phase three trials on 20 November. State home minister Anil Vij is the first volunteer for the first trial shot. Though, the trial dose given to home minister Anil Vij at the Civil Hospital at Ambala Cantt.
2) Delhi: Delhi is on 2nd place to have phase 3 human clinical trial of Covaxin. Covaxin trial in AIIMS Delhi started on 26 November 2020. Though, first dose given to Dr M V Padma Srivastava, the chief of Neurosciences Centre at the premier institute, and three other volunteers. Covaxin dose in AIIMS Delhi given to around 15,000 volunteers.
3) West Bengal: Firhad Hakim, Bengal minister became the first volunteer to take the Covid-19 vaccine Covaxin. Howeve, jagdeep dhankhar, Governor of West Bengal inaugurated the launch of Phase-3 regulatory trial of Covaxin at Kolkata’s ICMR-National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases (ICMR-NICED).
4) Gujarat: Phase three trials of Covaxin started at Sola Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad. Therefore, sola civil hospital is the one out of 130 centers across India, where the third phase of clinical trials of Covaxin will take place.
5) Odisha: The third phase human trial of Covaxin began at an institute of PTCTU (preventive and Therapeutic Clinical Trial Unit) at Institute of Medical Sciences.
These trails began in the state on 20 November 2020. This is the only hospital for the ICMR for the human trial of the vaccine.
6) Madhya Pradesh: The phase 3 trials of Covaxin in Madhya Pradesh take place in People’s University in Bhopal.
Along with Covid vaccine Covaxin, there are four other vaccines under various phases of human clinical trial. However, phase three trial of the Oxford-Astrazeneca Covid-19 vaccine conducted by Serum Institute of India. However, another Covid vaccine develop by Zydus Cadila has completed phase-two clinical trial.
Covaxin vaccine side effects:
According to Dr M V Padma Srivastava, chief of neurosciences, India is among the few countries in the world to find the Covid vaccine.
Though, Dr Srivastava, 55 years old doctor, is the first volunteer to get the trial for Covaxin in AIIMS delhi. Anothe shot of Covid vaccine will be given after 28 days. Dr Srivastava inform that she had not suffered any side-effect after the administration of the Covaxin. While addressing a news conference, Dr OP Kalra informs that Indian Covid-19 vaccine is unique as it has shown minimum side-effects. Dr OP Kalra is the Vice Chancellor of Pt Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak.
Coronavirus vaccine price:
The price estimate of Covid-19 shots depends upon the advance agreements between the companies and the countries.
The final price for Covid-19 vaccines are not official yet. but prices expectation is vary between Rs 450 to Rs 5,500 for double dose.
Moderna is targeting its Covid vaccine price in USA around $50-$60 for two doses. On the other hand US deal with Pfizer and BioNTech is set at $39 for two doses. Whereas AstraZeneca-Oxford supply agreement with the four European countries. The price would be around $6 to $8 per two doses.