Common topics for news reports include war, government, politics, education, health, the environment, economy, business, and entertainment, as well as athletic events, quirky or unusual events. Government proclamations, concerning royal ceremonies, laws, taxes, public health, criminals, have been dubbed news since ancient times. Humans exhibit a nearly universal desire to learn and share news.
The Company respects the privacy of the users of the Services and is committed to reasonably protect it in all respects.
INFORMATION RECEIVED, COLLECTED AND STORED BY THE COMPANY
We ask that you provide basic contact Information such as your name, sex, age, address, pin code, contact number, occupation, interests and email address etc. When you register using your other accounts like on Facebook, Twitter, Gmail etc. we shall retrieve Information from such account to continue to interact with you and to continue providing the Services.
The subscriptions or paid Services may be on auto renewal mode unless cancelled. If at any point you do not wish to auto-renew your subscription, you may cancel your subscription before the end of the subscription term.
We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, change your content or email preferences, respond to a survey, or communicate with us.
Online journalism is news that is reported on the Internet. News can be delivered more quickly through this method of news as well as accessed more easily. The internet era has transformed the understanding of news. Because the internet allows communication which is not only instantaneous, it has blurred the boundaries of who is a legitimate news producer. A common type of internet journalism is called blogging, which is a service of persistently written articles uploaded and written by one or more individuals.
Millions of people in countries such as the United States and South Korea have taken up blogging. Many blogs have rather small audiences; some blogs are read by millions each month. Social media sites, especially Twitter and Facebook, have become an important source of breaking news information and for disseminating links to news websites.
News Writer has identified the following six specific areas where the ecology of news in his opinion has changed:
- The line between the reader and writer has blurred.
- The distinction among tweet, blog post, Facebook, newspaper story, magazine article, and book has blurred.
- The line between professionals and amateurs has blurred.
- The boundaries delineating for-profit, public, and non-profit media have blurred.
- The cooperation across these models of financing has developed.
- Within commercial news organizations, the line between the news room and the business office has blurred.
- The line between old media and new media has blurred, practically beyond recognition.
The Company shares your information with any third party without obtaining the prior consent of the User in the following limited circumstances:
- When it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offences.
- Our proposes to share such information within its group companies and officers and employees of such group companies for the purpose of processing personal information on its behalf.
- We may present information to our advertisers – to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our websites or Applications – however it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our site.
- We may share your information regarding your activities on websites or Applications with third party social websites to populate your social wall that is visible to other people however you will have an option to set your privacy settings, where you can decide what you would like to share or not to share with others
We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
We request you to please provide the following information in your complaint:-
- Identification of the information provided by you.
- Clear statement as to whether the information is personal information or sensitive personal information.
- Your address, telephone number or e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the information has been processed incorrectly or disclosed without authorization, as the case may be.